Welcome to The UT Medical Center
The mission of The University of Toledo Medical Center is to improve the human condition by providing patient-centered, university-quality care.
The University of Toledo Medical Center offers:
- The area's only academic medical center-An academic medical center provides high levels of expertise, the resources to handle the most complex cases, and access to the latest and safest medical advances.
- The only cancer center in the region to offer all cancer care under one roof. The Eleanor N. Dana Cancer Center features the TrueBeam ™ Varian Linear Accelerator, which dramatically reduces the length of radiation treatments. Eleanor N. Dana Cancer Center is dedicated to clinical and translational cancer research, education and treatment.
- Dedicated center for the treatment of Parkinson’s and other movement disorders.
- The area's only accredited primary stroke center-UTMC received the 2012 Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, marking a decade and a half of continuous recognition of UTMC’s commitment to superior stroke care.
- Stroke Network: UTMC’s highly trained experts share their expertise with doctors at other hospitals across the region, improving stroke diagnosis and treatment.
- Specialty care in cardiology, neurology, orthopaedics, surgery and kidney transplantation as well as cancer.
- Level one trauma center, offering emergency health and trauma services 24 hours a day.
- An average door to balloon time far better than the national recommendation. 'Door-to-balloon' refers to the interval from patient arrival, to inflation of the balloon catheter within the patient's blocked artery.
- Paired Kidney Donation-UTMC performed the world's first paired kidney exchange transplant.
- Heart and vascular services that provide comprehensive care, including treatment for patients with atrial fibrillation and the area’s only program to implant the Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) for congestive heart failure.
- A state of the art Orthopaedic Center that offers total orthopaedic care from neck to toe, and every bone and joint in between. The center offers new patients a guaranteed appointment within 24 hours.
- Coghlin Rehabilitation Center, which holds Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditations for several inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs.