Diversity at The UT Medical Center
The University of Toledo Medical Center is dedicated to caring for each person with respect and dignity. In promoting diversity, UTMC pledges to respect and value personal uniqueness and differences; to attract and retain diverse patients, faculty, and staff; to challenge stereotypes; and to promote sensitivity and inclusion.
The UT Medical Center offers reasonable access to treatment that is available and medically indicated regardless of age, sex, race/color, ethnicity, gender, religion, disabilities, socio-economic status, educational background, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or sources of payment. We also provide:
- Considerate care that respects your culture, values and beliefs
- Translation services for non-English speaking patients
- American Sign Language-English Interpreting
- Professional Interpreters for the Deaf
- Patient transportation for patients with disabilities or wheelchair and stretcher needs
- Financial counselors to arrange payment plans and financial assistance for eligible patients and families
- Ethics Consults if you are having difficulty making health care decisions
- Pastoral care
The UT Medical Center also helps raise awareness about health issues by participating in activities such as panel discussions and health screenings at community events. UTMC has included a campus-wide Diversity Training Initiative to ensure that employees are valued, respected and included. This training allows an increased awareness and understanding of cross cultural issues. Learn more about our UT Health Science Campus diversity initiatives.
The UT Main Campus also joins in the promotion of diversity, and understands the value that a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and administration bring to its educational environment, the metropolitan community and beyond. Learn more on the UT Commitment to Diversity.