The University of Toledo Medical Center
The mission of The University of Toledo Medical Center (UTMC) is to improve the human condition by providing patient-centered, university-quality care. We value your decision to choose us for your health-care needs. We are confident that you made a great choice!
UTMC is the only university medical center in the region. Because of this, we attract the best physicians who provide breakthrough treatments for the most complex cases. Our physicians contribute to the advancement of medical science and have the desire to share their knowledge with future generations of physicians.
Our care doesn’t stop at medicine. At UTMC, we are also dedicated to providing the ultimate patient experience. Through our Service Excellence initiative and iCare University, staff contributes to the patient experience through stellar service and quality care.
University-quality care means you will be treated by physicians who are the best in their fields and a staff committed to providing you with excellent service giving you an opportunity to experience a Higher Degree of Healing.
During your stay, you may have questions or concerns about some aspect of your hospitalization. To address them, we offer in addition to our physicians and nurses, patient services our Customer Care Center. The customer care representatives draw upon multiple resources to assist you and your family. To access these services and other important information, contact 419-383-3606.
The University of Toledo Medical Center offers:
- The area's only academic medical center-An academic medical center provides high levels of expertise, the resources to handle the most complex cases, and access to the latest and safest medical advances.
- Specialty care in cardiology, neurology, orthopaedics, cancer, surgery and kidney transplantation.
- Guaranteed appointments within 24 hours for all new orthopaedic, cardiology and surgery patients.
- Level one trauma center, offering emergency health and trauma services 24 hours a day.
- An average door to balloon time of 59 minutes-'Door-to-balloon' refers to the interval from patient arrival, to inflation of the balloon catheter within the patient's blocked artery. The average established time is 90-minutes.
- Paired Kidney Donation-UTMC performed the world's first paired kidney exchange transplant.
- The area's only accredited primary stroke center-UTMC was recognized with a 2008 Gold Sustained Performance Award for stroke care.
- Heart and vascular services that provide comprehensive care, including treatment for patients with atrial fibrillation and the only specialists in the area who perform atrial fibrillation ablation. New atrial fibrillation patients are guaranteed an appointment within 24 hours.
- A state of the art Orthopaedic Center that offers total orthopaedic care from neck to toe, and every bone and joint in between. The center also offers new patients a guaranteed appointment within 24 hours.
- A cancer center dedicated to clinical and translational cancer research, education and treatment
- Coghlin Rehabilitation Center, which holds Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditations in the areas of brain injury outpatient rehabilitation, hospital inpatient rehabilitation, hospital brain injury inpatient rehabilitation, and spinal cord system of care.