New Hire Orientation
New Hire Orientation Requirements
- Activate your UTAD - You must activate your UTAD before you can complete any of your other new hire requirements. Please allow 24 hours after activation before you attempt to complete the rest of your new hire requirements.
- Request Your ID Badge - This link will allow you to request your ID Badge/Rocket Card. Please be sure that your UTAD has been activated for a minimum of 24 hours prior to requesting your ID Badge.
- Request Your Parking Permit - This link will allow you to request your parking permit.
- Cultural Competency and Diversity Training - This training must be completed by all new hires to UTMC.
- Use Internet Explorer as your browser to take this testing!
- This link will take you to a calendar page. Above the calendar grid, there are login
boxes for UTAD ID and Password. After entering the ID and Password, it will take
you to a page with the heading “UT Safety Testing / Training and a welcome message
that should include your name.
- Find the login boxes above the calendar grid. Enter your UTAD (username) and password.
- Turn OFF any “Pop-up Blockers” on your browser – otherwise the training module will not come up. ((If you have difficulty in locating this tool, please call Kerry Rottenstein on the Main Campus at extension 2508).
- On the left side of the page find “Testing/Training.” Under this heading, click on the third link labeled “Select Test.”
- In the dropdown box choose “Diversity Training (172).” Then click on “take selected test”. This will open the training module.
- ** If you see a message that reads “This test currently has no media”, please disregard as it is referring to any external media such as a policy link or a PowerPoint.
- ** Please be sure to use a computer that has speakers and make certain the sound is audible. You will not be able to advance through to the next screen until the audio portion for the current screen is completed.
- For any additional problems or questions, please contact Kerry Rottenstein in the Office of Institutional Diversity on the Main Campus in the Transportation Center room 1050-G, by e-mail at Kerry.Rottenstein@utoledo.edu or by phone at 419-530-2508.
- NDNQI Pressure Ulcer Training - This training must be completed by all new RNs and Respiratory Therapists to UTMC.
- After each module, you will receive a certificate of completion. You must submit a certificate of completion to your Staff Development Specialist for both Modules 1 and 2. It is recommended that you complete Modules 3 and 4 on your own. If you complete all 4 modules, you can earn 1.5 CEs. A CE certificate will be available to you upon completion of all 4 modules.
- Please also complete the Oral Care Education and Quiz located on the Online Education tab of this web site.