Outpatient Surgeries & Procedures
The center has four state-of-the-art electronically monitored operating rooms that constitute the most advanced equipment in the area. Outpatient surgeries at the center are performed by surgeons at the top of their field. Areas of specialty include:
- Outpatient orthopaedic procedures, including arthroscopic procedures, hand, foot and ankle surgeries
- Breast biopsies, reconstruction, augmentation and reduction
- Minimally invasive urologic procedures, including kidney stones (laproscopy, lasers, lithrotripsy/shock), laproscopic adrenal and kidney surgery for tumors, some reconstruction.
The i-Suite® Operating Room provides a centralized control system for voice, video and data. The system is even equipped to send real-time video to a remote location, enabling a surgeon to consult with other professionals in another room, or even another building. UTMC is the only facility in northwest Ohio that will possess this innovative equipment.
The new center offers a full range of gastroenterological consultation and procedural services, including:
- Sclerotherapy and banding for esophageal varices
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastronomy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Therapeutic biliary and pancreatic endoscopy
- Laser therapy